Tuesday 31 January 2017

Imagine Blue Skies


It's certainly what we need at the moment.

But this is a knitting blog. What have blue skies to do with knitting?

Imagine Blue Skies is the name of a cardigan I had finished in January 2014. I adapted a top-down raglan cardigan by Laura Chau, making it longer, and adding a mandarin-style neck.

It's knitted in two different aran weight yarns



Aran / 10 ply
80% Merino, 15% Mohair, 5% Nylon


Colour "In a world of pure imagination"






and 




Aran / 10 ply
55% Merino, 33% Microfiber, 12% Cashmere goat
90 meters / 50 grams

Colour charcoal




I never got around to sewing on the buttons and the finished garment languished in my knitting cupboard for over two years. I'd bought some pretty heart-shaped shell buttons, but sewing isn't my forte. I find lining up the buttonhole with the button very stressful.










Then Festiwool, 2016 needed items for the fashion show, A fellow Hitchin Stitchin' member sewed the buttons for me, and here is the result.