Monday 31 October 2011

Coat of many colours





I've always wanted a brightly coloured winter jacket, so when I was introduced to King Cole Riot yarn and found a great seamless jacket pattern, I set to and worked on one throughout October. I chose the 656 colourway 'Inferno' and call this 'Dante's Inferno'.




I had some difficulty with gauge and ended up making a size 40" in the hope of making it roomy enough to wear over layers. Tpo finish it6 off, I found the most stunning 40mm Italian etched wooden buttons on ebay in the perfect colours.













The pattern has what is called 'negative ease' and the result was a rather slimline jacket that would keep me warm without the need for a jumper underneath. The acrylic in the mix creates a lovely drape and I'm sure the jacket will 'grow' with wear.












I like the pattern very much and am already planning one in a larger size in a different colour scheme, Riot 654 (Wildflower).

No comments: