Saturday 17 October 2009

Ravelry Pattern broken link Lacey Shawl

There's a pattern on Ravelry that I'd like to share but the link is broken.

Here it is


LA BOHEME SCARF/SHAWL ©Pam Talley, 2006
Four Ladies Needl\eArt

Materials
2 skeins Fiesta LaBoheme
24” size 15 or 17 circular needles
24” size 8 circular needles
Tension

Gauge: 8 sts. = 4” in eyelet pattern
Instructions
Cast on 135 stitches. Knit every row (garter stitch) for 5 rows.
Eyelet row: (RS): K2, *YO, K2Tog*, repeat between *’s, until last 3 sts, end YO, K2Tog, K1
Knit 3 rows, repeat eyelet row
Knit 1 row, repeat eyelet row.

Knit 5 rows, repeat eyelet row
Knit 3 rows, repeat eyelet row
Knit 1 row, repeat eyelet row

Knit 5 rows, repeat eyelet row
Knit 3 rows, repeat eyelet row
Knit 1 row, repeat eyelet row

Change to size 8 circular needles, and knit 5 rows. Bind off.
----------------------------------------------------------------
My version: I used 4 skeins of Noro Silk Garden Cash Iroha and had enough for one additional repeat but finished with only 3 rows of knit. I'm very pleased with the results and will try this pattern again with a different yarn.

4 comments:

A. Hiscock said...

Oh, that's lovely! Just to be sure: Do you cast on the size 15/17 needles? I see the last 5 rows are done on the size 8s, and I just want to be sure that the pattern doesn't begin with them too.

Pat Harris said...

I'm not sure. This isn't my pattern, but one I salvaged from a now-defunct website.

I'm not switching for the cast-off as I like a nice loose edge.

A. Hiscock said...

Thanks. I couldn't figure out why the cast-on would use one but the bind-off another. Wouldn't one want a balanced look?

I like loose edges, too.

Pat Harris said...

Perhaps the reason for the switch to much smaller needles is to create a curved edge to give some sort of shaping the the neckline?