Friday 11 April 2008

E-bay to the rescue

I had a great time at the local knitting group last night, even though I didn't win anything in the raffle. One of my Ravelry friends showed me the way forward with the Victorian Shoulderette (I was stuck at the end of row 5) and group leader took a photo of the lace stole I finished last week. She went in much too close and the result is a blurred image.


So why e-bay to the rescue? It's all about the brooch! I was debating with myself whether to bead the stole, as per the pattern, but decided a nice sparkly brooch might do just as well. I'd taken the brooch along to the KTOG and it was that which was the center of attention (and the blurred image). It's a vintage 1950s auroroa borealis brooch that reflects the colours of the yarn as well as its own. Here, have a look


wooly stuff


wooly stuff 005original


I don't think the stole needs any beads with all that sparkle.


While I was browsing on Ravelry, I found a link to a website that sells traditional shawl pins and ordered a big one in mother-of-pearl and wood. It it perfect for the chunky shawl that I wear at breakfast time.


shawlpin3


shawlpin3

I really must stay away from e-bay, there's too much tempting stuff there. Thank goodness I haven't bookmarked the site and visit only when I receive an email telling me an item I'm watching is nearing the end of its time. (I'm not watching anything at the moment, not even posh yarn.)

No comments: