Thursday, 20 July 2017

Poppy Bag

I put the finishing touches to the bag today.

I'd already worked out that I couldn't construct a bottom, while keeping it seamless. I joined the open ends of the lining and outer layer, by knitting through the stitches.

I also decided not to construct a closure flap, so attached magnetic popper on the inside. I covered the back of the closure with the poppy I'd made at Hitchin Lavender workshop. The other popper was secured between the lining and the outside layer.

The lining yarn is a cotton/silk mix by Debbie bliss.

I used the yarn again to define the top of the basketweave pattern.

Bottom, in raspberry for a lavender purple bag

I've learned a lot, mainly about what not to do when making up a pattern. The next version will start with the bottom and work upwards. I'm planning a series of seamless  'flower basket' bags.

No comments: