Friday 27 January 2012

Happy Mondays

Monday's socks modelling the new 'sock blockers'

Finished Monday's socks today, sock one of the seven-part Posh Socks Challenge. I knit three pairs of this pattern last year but gave them all away. I reasoned that this 'basic' stocking stitch, cuff-down sock was ideal to begin the project.

I had real trouble with the first sock, probably because I've been knitting chunky jumpers for a while now and am not used to working on 2mm circs. I started using 2ply Posh alpaca yarn held double but gave up as I was dropping too many stitches. I then switched to a more variegated 4 ply (80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon) so that I could see the stitches more clearly. Even so, I made lots of mistakes on the first sock. The second sock went smoothly (and a lot quicker)

No comments: