Tuesday 15 March 2011

Learning

is an incredibly energising process.

I've just completed a Spring Jacket that is knit without the need for any sewing. It's very very clever and I think I understand how it works. It's knit from the top down and the only thing I don't like about it (apart from the fact that I still have not received the midnight blue shell buttons I ordered and have had to use wooden ones for the time being)  is the neck. It's much too wide and a little bit too low. I'm knitting another version in tweedy grey Rowan yarn and I will start on smaller needles, with less stitches, to make a higher, better-fitting neck.


I went to Moonstone Yarns this morning to get some advice, see if they had any suitable buttons, and, in the light of poor Japan's troubles, buy some Noro yarn for a project that is third on my queue.  Noro's supply depot is in Sendai and their alpacas are in the area that was flattened by the sunami.







ETA - The buttons finally arrived and I've replaced the wooden ones with these.

No comments: