Thursday 28 February 2008

Packing for Scotland

and taking a tea break.

The gossamer shawl is finished and I can't resist sharing it as I'm really pleased at how easy it was to knit. The only problem I had with it was the size. Although the length is exactly according to the pattern, the width is only about 44" when it should be 60". The pattern says the shawl doesn't need 'blocking' and, even if I did block it, I wouldn't be able to persuade it to get much beyond 46" without breaking the thread.

The photos don't do justice to the lovely colours in the Impressions yarn. There's no sign of the green and gold in either daylight (can you see kitty peeking through the lace?) or using the flash.

Click through the pick for the flash version



And I have enough yarn for a second shawl.

No comments: